• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DD Form 368

SpaceApe29

If anyone has any experience on the Army side (or knows a former soldier) concerning the authority (Company Commander, Battalion Commander, or Brigade Commander) on the Active Duty side of the Army for signing a DD form 368 (Conditional Release) please post here. This is for going Army Enlisted to Navy Officer.

I know this is a CG thread and I have too many years of service to go CG BUT CG does get a lot of guys from other services who cross over and if your experience can help me I'd appreciate it!

Brunes

pilot
Silly Question- but have you asked your admin folks about it?? Probably get the right answer from them....and who knows what you'll get here.

SpaceApe29

S-1 section

That's the first place I went. The reply from 2 clerks and one senior NCO above our battalion level was "what is this form for? Is this an Army form?" and that's about as much help has I got. Admin stuff in the Army is pretty painful to get a straight answer for if you don't do it yourself, especially if it's not an Army form.

Just wondering if any Army guys who commissioned coast guard from active enlisted had a right answer.

slug

I believe it was the first O-6 in your chain of command, so BDE CO, but I am honestly not sure because I didn't need a DD 368, being passed my MSO date. You know who would know is the lady/dude who completes DD 214s at your installation's personnel in/outprocessing center. Hopefully you have time, because I've heard the release process takes a while, with all the counselling on "are you sure you want to leave the army?" and all.

SpaceApe29

Thanks!!!

Thank you for the guidance on that! That was the right answer I just found out after talking to one of the LTC's (O-5's) in G-1 after church. That's the route I thought was right as I worked up from my Company Commander to Battalion, to Brigade. It's currently at our COG's (Commander of Operations Group) office so hopefully it'll be signed next week. Thank you for your help!