• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Corps

George250

Good morning,
I have searched threads here and elsewhere for info on DCO for the Supply Corps. I may have missed something, but I still do not have a good handle on what the training entails. Can anyone outline what the first three years look like for a DCO in the Supply Corps - training, coursework, ATs...?
Thank you.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I would try warchop.org, not too many DCO Supply types here. They have a DCO forum full of gouge. Good luck!

cargodog

George, I am a Supply DCO commissioned two years ago. Your first year you will go to DCO school (tons of info out there), after that, you will start BQC-NR in Newport. It used to be an 18 month program but now its a 12 month program (more work, shorter time). You will go to a two week AT at the beginning of the cycle, then a two week AT in the middle and a one week graduation at the end. You will learn a lot of what the Active Duty Suppos will learn (food service on ships, disbursing and supply). You will also be expected to take tests from home with a proctor and do a bunch of online coursework including basic contracting courses. I won't lie, the material sucks. Its not difficult material to learn, just tedious and dry. Sometimes they offer the Active Duty course to reservists which is a six month full time course. While in school, you will be assigned to a unit but won't be expected to do any work for that unit (if you chose to take on projects in addition to your studies, good on you but most people are busy enough taking tests, trying to figure out the Navy thing and all the websites, medical and other things you have to get used to.) After graduation, you must find a hard billet to fill. Hope this helps.

Bgoode

Hopeful Supply DCO
George, if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Career, education and so forth? I'm about to transition into the reserves from active duty and as soon as I get to my reserve command, I want to drop my Supply DCO package.