• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Recruiter

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Hi everyone, please I would like to know if I can use my foreign bachelors degree to join the usnavy officer. I am from a foreign country, I have a bachelor degree in psychology with 3.8 gpa. I have only lived in America for 3years. I am not yet a citizen but I am due to apply for naturalization because I am married to a US citizen.
Please I would like to know what my chances are to become a Navy officer.
Are you Chinese? Do you have a wife with an import/export business? Do you want to fly P-8s?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes I know I have to be a citizen, but as I type here my naturalization application is on my desk completed and ready to be submitted.
I just want to know my chances that if I become a citizen, will my foreign bachelor's degree be accepted, And also what are the other requirements?

Maybe, the recruiter/Navy recruiting would need to see where those transcripts came from.

Get in touch with an officer recruiter once you are CLOSE to getting your citizenship. Be advised it might be difficult applying for an officer career path that requires a TS-SCI.

Maybe, the recruiter/Navy recruiting would need to see where those transcripts came from.

Get in touch with an officer recruiter once you are CLOSE to getting your citizenship. Be advised it might be difficult applying for an officer career path that requires a TS-SCI.
Thanks. I will

Thank you. I would also like to let you know that before now, someone adviced I join the enlisted, so even if I did not have it in my mind to join the enlisted, I still went ahead to take ASVAB which I scored 64. So my question is would anyone here advice I join the enlisted then cross to the officer program or I wait for my naturalization and join the officers directly. Would it by easier to join as an enlisted? Would I have any chance, will it not be too competitive?
I am just confused.

subreservist

You really should be asking your recruiter these questions. Since you have taken the ASVAB, you must already be in touch with one? And yes, it would be easier (and faster) to go enlisted. Also, yes, DCO programs are EXTREMELY competitive.

Either have the recruiter you're working with transition you to an Officer recruiter or go on navy.com and get in contact with one.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Hi everyone, please I would like to know if I can use my foreign bachelors degree to join the usnavy officer. I am from a foreign country, I have a bachelor degree in psychology with 3.8 gpa. I have only lived in America for 3years. I am not yet a citizen but I am due to apply for naturalization because I am married to a US citizen.
Please I would like to know what my chances are to become a Navy officer.
Right now, zero. First, become a U.S. Citizen.

After that, go read the Program Authorizations for the Reserve designators that do not have this in them:

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Become a U.S. citizen first and, while you are applying for citizenship, consider Enlisting in a rate that does not require anything above a secret clearance. Then, after you become a citizen, start looking at putting in a DCO package.

Part of getting selected for DCO officer roles requiring a TS/SCI security clearance is the likelihood that you will get the clearance. That's why filling out a pre-screener is part of the process.

Last edited: