• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Question - Billet and NOSC

mailman2340

So there is quite a bit of useful threads that answered most of my questions. Especially with regard to tour opportunities - ADSW.

I guess the major question I have is the billet. It seems from the recent threads that you now have to choose a billet before gaining your designator. I understand that you are tied to two units, your local NOSC and your unit wherever it may be.

Do you still drill with your NOSC until you receive your designator?
Do you have to accept a billet outside of 50 miles from your residence? My potential NOSC is within 50 miles but not sure if they have intel units there as well.

I understand that IIDT may be available but not to count on it.

Also I was looking at PA 108A and the thread talking about drilling version of NIOBC. Is drilling NIOBC done at your local NOSC or is there a regional schoolhouse say San Diego where everyone goes for that region? To clarify I mean the non-capstone part.

Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So there is quite a bit of useful threads that answered most of my questions. Especially with regard to tour opportunities - ADSW.

I guess the major question I have is the billet. It seems from the recent threads that you now have to choose a billet before gaining your designator. I understand that you are tied to two units, your local NOSC and your unit wherever it may be.

Do you still drill with your NOSC until you receive your designator?
Do you have to accept a billet outside of 50 miles from your residence? My potential NOSC is within 50 miles but not sure if they have intel units there as well.

I understand that IIDT may be available but not to count on it.

Also I was looking at PA 108A and the thread talking about drilling version of NIOBC. Is drilling NIOBC done at your local NOSC or is there a regional schoolhouse say San Diego where everyone goes for that region? To clarify I mean the non-capstone part.

Thanks in advance.

What did your OR say when you asked these questions?

mailman2340

What did your OR say when you asked these questions?

Thank you, sir, for the quick response.

I've left some messages and sent some emails to the officer recruiters in my local area. I have not heard back yet.

I had some old contact information for a petty officer that was recruiting in my area a year or so ago that cc'd the current recruiters in the area. When I called her initially she told me what communities I would be competitive enough for which was only intel and that I would drill in my local area.

------
Question I forgot to include in the initial post.

How do drill points transfer between services. Does it happen automatically or is there a form?

Last edited:

mailman2340

So update. I got in contact with an OR outside of my state.

They will try to find a billet regionally if its not located at your local NOSC.

If its outside of 50 miles of your home residence you will be provided lodging but that's about it for officers from what I was told.

I was also told that drill points and service record will follow you if selected.

Only question he didn't know was the NIOBC drilling option and how it worked.

unbroken

Naval officer
So update. I got in contact with an OR outside of my state.

They will try to find a billet regionally if its not located at your local NOSC.

If its outside of 50 miles of your home residence you will be provided lodging but that's about it for officers from what I was told.

I was also told that drill points and service record will follow you if selected.

Only question he didn't know was the NIOBC drilling option and how it worked.

They recently overhauled NIOBC. It is now 26-30ish (depending on holidays) days, E-AT funding. You used to do either the active duty version, which was about 4 months straight I believe, or the reserve version, which was essentially a weekend drill for a little over a year. The new version is really the only option now. This takes place down in Dam Neck, VA. You will likely head to Phase 1 in your 2nd year. 1st year is DCOIC and IWBC; 2nd year is NIOBC Phase 1; and 3rd year is NIOBC Phase 2.

mailman2340

They recently overhauled NIOBC. It is now 26-30ish (depending on holidays) days, E-AT [Exceptional Annual Training] funding. You used to do either the active duty version, which was about 4 months straight I believe, or the reserve version, which was essentially a weekend drill for a little over a year. The new version is really the only option now. This takes place down in Dam Neck, VA. You will likely head to Phase 1 in your 2nd year. 1st year is DCOIC and IWBC; 2nd year is NIOBC Phase 1; and 3rd year is NIOBC Phase 2.

Thank you, sir, for the reply and information.

mailman2340

They recently overhauled NIOBC. It is now 26-30ish (depending on holidays) days, E-AT funding. You used to do either the active duty version, which was about 4 months straight I believe, or the reserve version, which was essentially a weekend drill for a little over a year. The new version is really the only option now. This takes place down in Dam Neck, VA. You will likely head to Phase 1 in your 2nd year. 1st year is DCOIC and IWBC; 2nd year is NIOBC Phase 1; and 3rd year is NIOBC Phase 2.

Edit: Thank you, Ma'am, for the reply and information.

Last edited: