• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGray

This is my first post in this forum, so if I have missed any information previously posted, please excuse the repeat question.
I'm interested in any information concerning the DCO Program with the USNR. I recently read some info on the web site below:
http://kellybeamsley.com/military/usnr/processing/dco_page.html
My questions mainly center around the Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer area. Again, any info I could get would very helpful.

Thanks.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
You should call up the DCO office at NAS Pensacola. Check their website i believe it is: www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ and the number is there i believe (850) 452-3170/4230 you should speak to Lt j.g. Suarez or Lieutenant Commander Dunn. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out better than any one else here can. When you call there you'll probably get a stash ensign there like i was before API but he'll direct you to the right place. If you dont know the DCO course is two weeks long and is a very well trained program. Hope this helps, i dont know the specific questions you want to ask, but if you dont want to call directly there you can talk to an officer recruiter and they'd point you in the right direction also.

TGray

rare21, Thanks! That's exactly the type of info I was hoping to find. I really appreciate it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a seperate recruiting program for the Reserves and the DCO option. I used to work in that program and we didn't take DCOs for AMDO. If you think getting selected for OCS is tough just try a direct commission to any designator. You can call someone in Pcola but the heavy lifting is done by a Reserve recruiter working out of a Navy Reserve Center. Check the phone book and call him directly. Competition is very strong. Good Luck.

JKD

wink,

To throw a little twist to the question... Do you have any experience with reserves applying for OCS? Some information looks like I need to go through my command, while other info points towards recruiting (specifically http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/noru/orojt/introduction.htm). I know my command will be involved, but I wanted to take the ASTB before I go much further.

CCC in the reserve are sometimes learning on the fly, and have to dig for up to date info. I'm trying to go into this with as much information as possible.

I drill this weekend and hope to clear some of this up, but any info is appreciated.

marcb747

Try calling Lt Cheryl D'Andrea at (850) 453-1778
She's the USNR Officer Programs Recruiter at Saufley Field in Pensacola. If you get voicemail, leave a message and follow up with another call again. Sometimes, they're really busy at the Reserve Center, butvI'm sure she would be able to help you out.

TGray

marcb747, I appreciate the name and number. I have called her and left a message. I'll keep the phone call going until I talk with her. Thanks for the info.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
dsweeny,
The CNRC CRUITMANOFF (the operational bible) says that Selected Reserve enlist members apply through the local Navy Recruiting District Officer Programs Office.

JKD

Thanks Wink. I have a call into the NRD Officer Program Office in Millington now. She is out until Monday.
Last drill weekend was too crazy to get anything done (mobilization stand down.. fun, fun!)

Thanks again!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTW, Did you know that when enlisted into BDCP or on reporting to OCS (for us not so gifted academicly)as a SELRES you are paid at your current pay grade or whichever is higher. New BDCP guy gets E-3 pay and candidates at OCS get E-5 pay. If you are in a higher paygrade you get the benefit. Not a bad deal. Especially for a BDCP guy that might be a E-4 or E-5 SELRES.

JKD

I'm currently E-5 with 8 years, so I'll stay at the same level as if I went back on Active Duty.

First I have to get into OCS... then the pay will work itself out (and it's only 13 weeks). BDCP is where you would see a big advantage.

Thanks for all the help on the various posts. Everyone helps more people than they think by posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.