• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO "Kit" what goes to the IWC Board?

AMGunner

Hi Everyone,

I was interested in applying to the DCO program for the IWC community and have been looking at all the good info on this site but had one question that I have not been able to locate easily is in regards to the contents of a DCO Package.

I have gathered so far that each designator runs its own boards and has their own criteria and schedule. That there is all the administrative gathering of transcripts, evals, interviews, and various records. What I have not been able to find is how MEPS plays into the process. If IWC boards are January, then I suspect packages need to be in by November timeframe.

If MEPS is done before the boards and a part of the package that gets submitted I worry that being able to pull everything off (especially interviews and MEPS) in just a few months will likely make me have to wait till next year.

Can anyone give some gouge on what goes into a “kit” or package that goes to the board?

In case you were wondering I did reach out to recruiters in my area but so far have not heard back as well as some are TDY or on leave so figured this was the best plan B place to ask. I also tried to exhaust search efforts on here but was not able to find anything specific. At times the site does not let you search for certain turns because of the size of the results so it might be here somewhere, I just can’t get to it.

Thanks Everyone

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi Everyone,

I was interested in applying to the DCO program for the IWC community and have been looking at all the good info on this site but had one question that I have not been able to locate easily is in regards to the contents of a DCO Package.

I have gathered so far that each designator runs its own boards and has their own criteria and schedule. That there is all the administrative gathering of transcripts, evals, interviews, and various records. What I have not been able to find is how MEPS plays into the process. If IWC boards are January, then I suspect packages need to be in by November timeframe.

If MEPS is done before the boards and a part of the package that gets submitted I worry that being able to pull everything off (especially interviews and MEPS) in just a few months will likely make me have to wait till next year.

Can anyone give some gouge on what goes into a “kit” or package that goes to the board?

In case you were wondering I did reach out to recruiters in my area but so far have not heard back as well as some are TDY or on leave so figured this was the best plan B place to ask. I also tried to exhaust search efforts on here but was not able to find anything specific. At times the site does not let you search for certain turns because of the size of the results so it might be here somewhere, I just can’t get to it.

Thanks Everyone

TL;DR. Your recruiter will have the answer to all of these questions.

AMGunner

I realize that, and that was the first avenue I tried. Unfortunately getting someone to contact me back with an answer has been a challenge so I wanted to ask here.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I realize that, and that was the first avenue I tried. Unfortunately getting someone to contact me back with an answer has been a challenge so I wanted to ask here.

Being that it's Labor Day weekend many recruiters are on leave to enjoy the final summer time and end of fiscal year until it's back to the show.

Also, your age is of concern. Even at 46, you might not be eligible to apply and probably a reason why recruiters have been reluctant to return calls.

AMGunner

Being that it's Labor Day weekend many recruiters are on leave to enjoy the final summer time and end of fiscal year until it's back to the show.

Also, your age is of concern. Even at 46, you might not be eligible to apply and probably a reason why recruiters have been reluctant to return calls.

My actual age is not an issue, I never use my real PII in forums since I don't trust the security of them. Just trying to get some insight on a question.

unbroken

Naval officer
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Everyone

Happy to help. The search function on here is non-exhaustive.

Your medical clearance does go to boards (not the contents of your medical record, but rather the fact that you have been cleared through MEPS). Interviews also go, but LORs can follow the application package as long as they are in a few weeks prior to boards (I think my last LOR was submitted in late Dec. My recruiter essentially just said to ensure it was in in time for the processor. However, this was a letter in addition to the requisite 3, which had already been submitted, so I'd be sure to have 3 in by the actual deadline - your OR may require this). My NRD had an end-of-Nov deadline for the application.

I would definitely try to get a MEPS date ASAP. Assuming you have no issues, you should be able to get cleared in time. If you need to see another doc for additional evaluations or have missing paperwork, then it might take longer. Be sure to bring ANY medical records, no matter how insignificant they may seem.

Hope that was helpful. Feel free to PM if you need additional info.