• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Motivational Statement Help

rwilson03

Good Evening,

I am applying for the next DCO Intel board and was hoping I could get some honest feedback on my motivational statement. Any help or feedback on my initial draft is greatly appreciated.

The desire to become an Intelligence Officer in the United States Navy is goal to serve my country in capacity that will build on my leadership and educational background, to lead in the mission to protect our nation in the proud tradition of past and current service members of Navy Intelligence community.
I have a degree in Political Science, a masters degree in Business Administration and experience leading as a Noncommissioned Officer in an Army Infantry unit and in a corporate career as a consultant for Fortune 500 clients. I want to use my leadership skills, education and passion to further the mission of the Navy.
I joined the Army National Guard out of high school and became the youngest Noncommissioned Officer in the battalion by attaining the rank of Sergeant within two years. During a deployment in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, I operated as a fire team leader and squad leader for men with more experience and age. I overcame many obstacles and became resource to soldiers, which lead to success of the mission. Once I returned from my active duty deployment, I completed my degree in political science. I received a different perspective on how the political landscapes of foreign nations intertwine, furthering my passion for these areas.
After graduation, I worked in various fields leading employees and using my analytical background to develop corporate initiatives to further the company’s bottom line. Through my experience as a director for regional brokerage firm, I was able to lead a group of traders and brokers in strategy for investing in financial products through analysis of economic data. With a full time career and a family, I continued my education by obtaining a Masters in Business Administration. This experience furthered my knowledge of economic theory and policy, and provided a stronger base for leading employees in today’s corporate environment. I completed my degree, graduating in the top of my class with a focus in finance and economics.
Today I work as a consultant specializing in energy for a portfolio of Fortune 500 clients. I guide a team of analysts to deliver guidance for innovative sustainability programs and energy purchasing strategy. I feel my experience and leadership skills will not only supplement but also enhance the Navy’s intelligence mission. I seek a commission as a Navy Intelligence officer to take a greater role in serving my country.

Renegade One

None
I would lead with "desire to become a Naval Officer" first...and then segue into why "Intelligence" seems to be the best fit for you. Rest looks perfectly fine to me...others may have better advice. Cheers!