• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO for CEC Hopefuls

My recruiter called today and said he got word that the results from the latest CEC board will be released early next week. Anyone else hear the same?

I just got the call from my recruiter, I've been selected! I've already gone through MEPS and passed my physical so now I guess I have to wait about two weeks for my commisioning documents and I get sworn in. Now that I look back and read through the other threads, my acceptance was pretty quick! I started the whole process in September.
Now that I know it's really happening, I find myself nervous about accepting such a prestigious position and responsibility. Everyone has told me to lean heavily on my chiefs and LPO's and I will be fine, but it's still pretty nerve racking.

exNavyOffRec

I just got the call from my recruiter, I've been selected! I've already gone through MEPS and passed my physical so now I guess I have to wait about two weeks for my commisioning documents and I get sworn in. Now that I look back and read through the other threads, my acceptance was pretty quick! I started the whole process in September.
Now that I know it's really happening, I find myself nervous about accepting such a prestigious position and responsibility. Everyone has told me to lean heavily on my chiefs and LPO's and I will be fine, but it's still pretty nerve racking.

I rec'd word the results were finally released but I have been on the road, I have been able to look and 12 were selected.

There were 18 total that went to board, in looking at the comments they selected every person that had credentials and did not have adverse info, many had adverse info that were not selected, some of the comments by the board made me wonder what these recruiters were thinking.

If it takes longer than 2 weeks don't worry, they have been backed up and the new system is not the best.

your timeline for reserves is pretty average compared to those that have been selected where I am at, there was a time when I could meet a person for active and have a select letter in 6 weeks.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
There were 18 total that went to board, in looking at the comments they selected every person that had credentials and did not have adverse info, many had adverse info that were not selected, some of the comments by the board made me wonder what these recruiters were thinking.

Many moons ago I processed a reserve DCO CEC package on a guy that had been arrested and charged with attempted rape, with the charges later dropped. He was a drilling reservist SeaBee and working in civilian life as an engineer on the Big Dig in Boston. I told him to provide a detailed written explanation for his package of what prompted the arrest and what the outcome was. I was pretty sure he wouldn't get selected because of this issue, but I figured what the hell, why not try. He was otherwise a good applicant who was highly motivated to get his application together and done right, so it required relatively little effort on my part. He got picked up on his first look; you never know what's going to happen.

exNavyOffRec

I guess some of the adverse info was extremely high debt, currently being sued, fired, failed to achieve professional licenses, stuff that was bad or should have prevented them from putting in an application.

I just got the call from my recruiter...although I was selected, the Navy has put a hold on all new reserve DCO's until October. I don't know if this just effects the CEC communitity or if it is for all new DCO's looking to go into the reserves. I've already been waiting 7 months, what's 6 more right?

CECARCHITECT

I was applying for reserve DCO this month, the deadline was two days ago and I got the same message from my recruiter saying the next board was in September. So I guess its a longer wait. Does anyone know if they moved back the active duty board that was scheduled for July?

I just got the call from my recruiter...although I was selected, the Navy has put a hold on all new reserve DCO's until October. I don't know if this just effects the CEC communitity or if it is for all new DCO's looking to go into the reserves. I've already been waiting 7 months, what's 6 more right?

exNavyOffRec

I was applying for reserve DCO this month, the deadline was two days ago and I got the same message from my recruiter saying the next board was in September. So I guess its a longer wait. Does anyone know if they moved back the active duty board that was scheduled for July?

The active board is now October, they have said they are only looking at those in college, the number of billets dropped to 17 and they have many more that have already been selected, so FY 13 is locked up and they are rolling people to FY 14

relsiek

The active board is now October, they have said they are only looking at those in college, the number of billets dropped to 17 and they have many more that have already been selected, so FY 13 is locked up and they are rolling people to FY 14

I'm a recent graduate from The Citadel (class of '11) where I receive my BS in Civil engineering. I have been working with my local recruiter, who has already told me that the active board will meet in Oct; so I've decided to still apply for the CEC program. However he never mentioned that the board will only look at applicants still enrolled in college. Do you think I still have a chance of getting selected for the program?

exNavyOffRec

I'm a recent graduate from The Citadel (class of '11) where I receive my BS in Civil engineering. I have been working with my local recruiter, who has already told me that the active board will meet in Oct; so I've decided to still apply for the CEC program. However he never mentioned that the board will only look at applicants still enrolled in college. Do you think I still have a chance of getting selected for the program?

Well from what has been put out via emails and from conversations with CEC accessions officer, no.

They have guys already selected and graduated college that they are trying to figure out what to do with until they can go to OCS sometime in the not so near future so why would they add to the problem?