• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO as an EDO

xxjatlandxx

I was this close to sending my application for Engineering Duty Officer (EDO) in the Navy reserve. I found out that there is no enlistment bonus nothing.. No thanks!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I found out that there is no enlistment bonus nothing.. No thanks!

Slacker... :icon_rage But, in all seriousness, at least you did not waste peoples' time by going through the application process which, is a feat in and of itself.

phobos512

I'm just beginning to put my package together for EDO. Looking very much forward to the day where I can post up that I am a selectee. Congratulations to those of you who've made it, and good luck to those working towards it as I am. :D

SavvyPR

LCDR, Navy Reserve PAO
I'm just beginning to put my package together for EDO. Looking very much forward to the day where I can post up that I am a selectee. Congratulations to those of you who've made it, and good luck to those working towards it as I am. :D

Good luck!

iroessle

EDO DCO Selection Board

Hello all.

Noticed the topic was about DCO selection boards.. thought I'd share my road toward a commission thus far and see what you all might be share about your knowledge/experience of the process.

I'm about a year and a quarter into the process now.. Graduated from college last June with a degree in Computer Science. Spent my last two terms working on the LOR's and the easter egg hunt to complete the SF86. Nearly finished with my application, waiting on a call to interview with the selection board, I got a call from the Navy calling me up for an interview. Happened to be with NAVSEA for a civilian position (i appearantly gave my resume to them awhile back). I went and ended up getting the job. So I've been working here for the last 8 months now.

Still thinking that I put all this work into putting together my application, and that my Letters of Recommendation might get stale if I waited too long and I never want to do it again, I put in for a DCO Reserve Commission as an Engineering Duty Officer last November. Early this march I was called by my recruiter and told congrats, that I was professionally recommended. Cool! but wait there's more.

They asked me to do a medical test, which I already did for the AD position I was working on earlier, and asked me to resign another SF86. That was three weeks ago now.

Kinda of ANSI waiting for the official word.. does anyone know when and how often this process takes place for them to select applicats? I'm working with NRD Los Angeles.