• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dave Shutter, got a few questions for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grmaster1

Actually only NFO's get PCS orders after OCS because they stay at NAS for their Primary. Pilots go to one of four other places, and it's never official until you graduate, so we get temp orders for API and don't get PCS until TRAWING assignment. Trust me, I'm stuck in API and can't move my stuff.

That was your reply...

Here's my story--I'm active duty now, starting OCS on 13OCT02 (my designator for OCS is 13950 (Pilot)), and coming to OCS from Naples, Italy while my wife is staying here.

I already had to extend my present command's sponsorship for her till I graduate, so the Navy will have to give me PCS orders either while I'm still in school or right after completion, I hope
icon_smile_wink.gif

What about you? Where are you moving your stuff from?

How was OCS?

aviatormo

I will see you there. My reporting date is 12Oct02. My designator is also 1395. GOOD LUCK!!

Moses

Moses Smith

Dave Shutter

If you have a special circumstance that gets you PCS orders as a pilot right out of OCS, congratulations, you're smarter than me.

As for moving, I've lost count of how many conversations I've had with Chiefs and LCDR's, hearing them say: "Oh yeah, I've moved a bunch of timed w/o orders", after which I'll go down to the moving office where they'll have a good laugh at my expense.

As for OCS I did okay, didn't have any problems. When you're there you'll think it really sucks and you may question what the hell you're doing, but looking back as whole I had a lot of good times (particularly on liberty!) and lot of of funny sh*t went on. Our softball game was awesome and you'll find, eventually, that the DI's are some pretty remarkable people. Standard advice: know your big 3, get in shape, run on asphalt, teamwork.

...and lay off the bold CAPS next time, my vision's already a skosh under 20/20.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.