• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CWO Flying Program

Beefalo

Is this program over or are they going to continue it next year? Reason I ask is because I just got my AA so im thinking of having PRK done this year so I can apply for it.

I took the ACT twice and missed the math cutoff by 1 point for STA-21. Does anyone know any good study guides for the math portion? I think I would be really compeititive. Perhaps the SAT is easier on the math portion?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Try this link. Seems like a pretty robust independent site for a program that selects very few people each year. The few I have met are some of the most outstanding people I've met in military uniform.

The site also has a forum.

Can't help you with which study guide is better or worse.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
The selectee message which should be out any day now will say when if ever the next applicant message can be expected. If you have any questions on either STA-21 or the FlyingCWO program feel free to PM me. I applied for both this year and was an alternate for STA-21 last year.

I am also a member over at the forum listed above and all the guys over there are great. It was extremely helpful to speak with some of the actual selectees and that is the only place I was able to find them.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Is this program over or are they going to continue it next year? Reason I ask is because I just got my AA so im thinking of having PRK done this year so I can apply for it.

I took the ACT twice and missed the math cutoff by 1 point for STA-21. Does anyone know any good study guides for the math portion? I think I would be really compeititive. Perhaps the SAT is easier on the math portion?

I like this brand: http://www.princetonreview.com/college/act-test-preparation.aspx

It's a big thick book; You can pick them up pretty much anywhere books are sold. Good practice tests. It teaches you to beat the test and shows you that it is predictable in the kind of questions it asks you. I took two of the practice tests and beat the STA-21 cutoff by one point.(phew)...it's been 6 years since highschool.. and no college. I would not of passed if it weren't for this book.

Just know...with the SAT, you don't get points for guessing like you do with the ACT.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Try this link. Seems like a pretty robust independent site for a program that selects very few people each year. The few I have met are some of the most outstanding people I've met in military uniform.

The site also has a forum.

Can't help you with which study guide is better or worse.

Wow; That is a really nice site.