• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Currently Enlisted trying to go SWO..NEED HELP!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02xterra

I am trying to get some feedback here. I keep hearing that SWO is closed and they are not taking anyone, accept college grads and etc. I am currently active navy, I just have a little over 10 years in. I am putting my packge in over the spring. I have everything highly in my favor and a letter or rec from the new base XO who is a SWO. I am 31, and will be 32 when putting my package in. GPA is 3.1. I am a HM2(AW/SW/NAC) I have 3 warfare pins and 5 years sea time on my second carrier right now. Can someone please give me some advice as to going SWO, is it closed, I was old by my Chier Career counselor, due to me being enlisted I can get a waiver up to almost 7 years. Dos anyone have any guidance and info, they can share, thanks.

HM2

Xmaldo

I just got accepted to the SWO community with 11 years of service. My advice is to have other alternatives, my first choice was supply because I heard the same thing “ SWO is closed until 05” by the recruiter, CCC, and pretty much everyone I spoke with. To my surprise, I received a call telling me I was “professionally recommended” by the SWO community and within days I had an answer. Supply was supposed to be wide open. As for your age the instruction says 29 years by the commissioning date and allows 2 years waivers for prior service. Now the maximum commissioning age is 35, so I would recommend you put your package in regardless, remember to ask for a waiver in the application and most important do so as soon as possible!

Hope that helped
GOOD LUCK
HT2

Keith Nielsen

I am also enlisted (ET1) and have been selected for SWO and SWO-ED. I also put Supply for my first choice and was a non-select. SWO was my second choice, and I didn't even list SWO-ED. I chose SWO-ED.

kingzkid

HM2,
I'm sort of in the same boat as you are. I am an active duty HM1. 13 years in. I am currently a 9502 (instructor). I have a B.S. in Information Technology. I had originally wanted to apply for MSC but I found out that I needed a Computer Science degree. Now my only chance at getting a commission is OCS under the Unrestricted line community. What is your degree in? I also have a problem with the age. I am 31 and will be 32 in December. I have not started my package yet. I know it will take several months to get it together. If selected, after I go to OCS, I will be well over 32. I have seen that the age for SWO is 31 as well. SWO is the same as Unrestricted line, right? If I find out anything about the age, I will let you know. Please do the same. All I can say is apply asap and see what happens. Thanks.

HM1

Keith Nielsen

SWO-Engineering Duty Option. Qualify SWO, get released from community and go to Post Graduate School in Monterey. After that, ED school and then you are an Engineering Duty Officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.