• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Naval Academy Attendies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomcat_al200

pilot
I hope to attend the NA, and unlike another member of this forum I know that if I don't get in it will not be the end of the world, as there would still be other options open to me. I would like to get an idea of what current NA attendies did in hight school, as in GPA, honors classes, athletics, clubs, ect. I would appreicate any help.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PM me if I can influence you....I'm at USNA.
r/
G

Phantom Hawk

Just let me warn you, applying for USNA is a LOOOONG process. I applied about a year ago and am still wating for word (on the waiting list). Make sure you have patience when you apply b/c your gonna need it.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Phantom Hawk said:
Just let me warn you ...

The USNA process is no longer than equivalent schools such as MIT, Stanford, Yale etc.. Many USNA candadites receive their assurances in early September, most other school early admission notifications are later.

Most all USNA notifications are completed by early April, about the same as one would expect from other top tier schools.

usunkmybship

I started requesting information sophomore year and got brochures and packets about USNA and the Navy. It was silent for several months until fall of junior year they contacted me about some information seminar in town. Spring I got the Summer Seminar and Pre-application packet. I did not get the regular application until fall of senior year. Completed everything in December, got NAPS in January. You can pm me as well and you can see why I did not get straight in.

Tomcat_al200 said:
I hope to attend the NA, and unlike another member of this forum I know that if I don't get in it will not be the end of the world, as there would still be other options open to me. I would like to get an idea of what current NA attendies did in hight school, as in GPA, honors classes, athletics, clubs, ect. I would appreicate any help.

The student you are talking about who went directly to this forum after receiving his/her rejection letter, did this because he/she does not have any non-bgo navy family or acquaintances to talk about the Navy. This is where he/she has been learning about the Navy for the past two years. As well, one of the USNA students who just posted in this thread had actually asked what his/her status was a few months earlier, but they did not know it then.

The student also flew to the Academy in May (as a passenger ;)), and was told by an Admissions Officer that there was a note in his/her profile in Admissions, that he/she had quit something or other. The problem is, that student had never quit anything in his/her life. Heck, he/she still considers himself/herself a candidate for the Class of 2009. :icon_tong

GrandMastaJ84

Actually, the application process for USNA is significantly longer than Stanford's, Yale's, and MIT's, because of the medical tests and nomination applications piled on top of the regular paperwork. Plus, once you've gotten in, expect two massive packages to arrive in the mail with about 20 more forms to sign. Believe me, I just went through it :icon_wink

I first got the application in late June 2004. I worked on it continuously for 3 straight months over the summer and got it in early in the fall. Finished the nomination applications by December. I waited until February 2005 to hear I got in.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
GrandMastaJ84 said:
Actually, the application process for USNA is significantly longer than Stanford's, Yale's, and MIT's ...

Nonsense. While you were obviously procrastinating, other highly motivated applicants were eating your lunch. Many had they applications in by September and many had their Letters of Assurance in Early/Mid September. By comparison, MIT early admission notifications do not occur until December, an there are very few of those.

Granted, there is more to do for admission to USNA, how long it takes you to complete the application depends, for the most part, on your capabilities as a self starter. Admissions is a rolling process, usually completed and candidates notified by March.

Oh, and congratulations. Good luck and God Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.