• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

curious about Gen Av

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaB

What is so bad about General Aviation? I am just wondering. I am still having problems in Primary and I know things will only get worse. It's my nerves which cause me not to retain the information as well as I should. I am always nervous about my briefs and it is causing me to screw them up. I am scared if I do continue with the program I could put other lives in danger as well as my own once I get out in the fleet. By not knowing the procedures I have to know as well as I should. I don't want that on my conscience.

I am asking if anyone knows about General Aviation billets? Why they are good, why they are bad. Not that I really want to do this, but it may be where I am headed. Again, thank you all for your input.

Goose

SNA Meridian
WannaB

I am not nearly as advanced as you in the Naval world of avaiation but I have a fair amount of experince in the civilian world. I am an instructor on the civilian side. I can tell you this however, you need to be confident in what you do and telling yourself that things are only going to get worse doesn't help your situation at all!! Things may seem difficul however, I can't stress enought that what you are going through is NORMAL!!! Many people experience what the experts refer to as a plateau...or normal leveling off in the learning curve...wow do I sound like a shrink!! Things well get better once you start trusting your skills and you ability to first and foremost FLY THE AIRCRAFT!!! Memorize emergency checklists and chairfly at home if you have time. Before you know it you will be flying before better than you ever imagined without even realizing it! Trust your training and yourself.
As far as "General Aviation" goes I am not quite sure what you mean. Major airlines...or flying for fun. Either way you will have to know procedures as avaition is a risky business. Don't give up on yourself. You have come this far so stick it out! Hope I have helped

Goose

Ed Williams

What can i tell you about gen av... not too much right now. Hopefully i'll get picked up for supply before i go gen av, but who knows... From what i've heard it is basically the fueling officer or the some other sea billet on a carrier/amphib ship. As soon as i find out more, i'll be sure to let you know.
ed

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
No shame in being a "Grape" Ed. There is nothing like the smell of JP-5 in the morning. Aviation Fuels Officers don't stress as much as those other flight deck officers. The AirBoss was all up in the Handler's and Flight deck officers' ass on a regular basis. The Grape officer was always chillin'

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.