• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CPTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Hey everyone,
I have CPTs starting this week, and I have heard different things from different people. I have heard as long as you know you procedures they are a breeze. But I have heard the opposite from some people. That sometime it is hard for them to see what is going on and act accordingly. I just wanted to get some opinions of people who have recently gone through.

Jack

Know your checklists cold. Why do you flip this swtich then and why do you press this button now, what is happening when i advacnce the condition lever, etc... On your last couple of CPTs you will be responsible for EPs; do you know what the steps are for an engine failure, a chip light, a compressor stall, etc...

Know your systems, checklists, and as you move on your EPs. Good luck.

jec

Kraftwerk

quote:
I have heard as long as you know you procedures they are a breeze. But I have heard the opposite from some people.

Sounds like they weren't on top of their knowledge. If you know your stuff and demonstrate this to your salty old ex-military instructor running the sim, they'll back off. Show any weakness, and they'll pry and pick your brains until you either crumple or convince them it was only passing moment of vaporlock. Bottom line: Know everything confidently.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I had a little trouble with the EP's due to the way I learned them... I learned them line-for-line word-for-word including Notes, Warnings and Cautions. I got so I could recite them while juggling, etc. However when I got in the CPT I would get caught up on something because of the damn Notes, Warnings and Cautions. I would say learn the Notes, Warnings, and Cautions, but just as importantly KNOW the procedure, what the procedure is trying to do, etc. That way you can get through the steps without delay. Again, I'm not saying you aren't responsible for Notes, Warnings, and Cautions, but it has been my experience that when in the CPTs GET THROUGH THE PROCEDURE. Then, you can say "and the Notes, Warnings, and Cautions ARE". Furthermore, you can demonstrate your knowledge of the Notes, Warnings, and Cautions in the procedure by following them. For example on Streaming Fuel, if you knew not to lower the gear or flaps electrically you demonstrated knowledge of the N/W/C. Also, go to the static trainer/line bird and sit there and move everything ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.