• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Courses that USNA accepts

phrogpilot73

I believe you have to be enlisted for at least a year before you can apply. I can't find a reference for that but I specifically remember hearing it when I applied. I was Navy though, so I don't know if it would be any different for the Marines.
I hadn't heard that, so I just checked the order. Not the case for the Marine Corps, it even says Recruits that are eligible are encouraged to apply. Something tells me that a Recruit doesn't have time to apply, unless they're already in the process (like me).

peachesnel

If I'm remembering correctly, anything you validate doesn't count towards your overall grades, it's just a validated course that lets you take something else.

During Plebe Summer everyone takes pleacement/validation exams. It's a crap deal bc you're tired and stressed but if you can't write a coherent essay you get placed in Trucker English and if you can pass Chem 1 and 2 then good on you- you start Ac year with physics and have the possibility of taking more electives or being more choosy later on. It's in everyone's best interest to take the hard classes in high school so you can validate as much as possible.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... It's in everyone's best interest to take the hard classes in high school so you can validate as much as possible.

Good advice, excellent advice.

While, as most all have pointed out, having those validated credits is not going to get you out of the Yard any quicker. However, come Firstie year, having all credits needed to graduate, save a couple of military (type) classes left, you can participate in VGEP. In this program you go off to a local University, John Hopkins, U. Maryland etc, and get your Masters degree. After graduation, the Navy will stash you at the Yard and give you up to 9 months free time to finish your masters. So you can leave Boat School with a BS and a Masters. Also, with the extra time you could do some independent research as a Trident Scholar. That will count big time toward your OOM.

Always do the best you can with your life, always.:):)

Junior

pilot
Good advice, excellent advice.

While, as most all have pointed out, having those validated credits is not going to get you out of the Yard any quicker. However, come Firstie year, having all credits needed to graduate, save a couple of military (type) classes left, you can participate in VGEP. In this program you go off to a local University, John Hopkins, U. Maryland etc, and get your Masters degree. After graduation, they Navy will stash you at the Yard and give you up to 9 months free time to finish your masters. So you can leave Boat School with a BS and a Masters. Also, with the extra time you could do some independent research as a Trident Scholar. That will count big time toward your OOM.

Always do the best you can with your life, always.:):)
Or you could just enjoy having a little more free time(ie: rack/work out then booze, but not anymore I guess). I didn't validate anything but had a bunch of off periods and was able to complete IFS second semester firstie year. Hard work at the beginning will pay off in the end.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Or you could just enjoy having a little more free time(ie: rack/work out then booze, but not anymore I guess). I didn't validate anything but had a bunch of off periods and was able to complete IFS second semester firstie year. Hard work at the beginning will pay off in the end.

Same, except I was able to validate a couple courses. That just let me take courses I wanted for easy A's and IFS complete.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I validated Plebe English, which didn't lighten my workload plebe year, but gave me some flex later on.