• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Corpus Area Housing

irish28

pilot
@Rugby_Guy I'm on the island about halfway through primary in lovely corpus. PM me if you need any help at all or want me to scope out any properties on the island. Sometimes zillow just doesn't have enough pics to get a good sense of the hosue. I had some people ahead of me help guide me into the right spots so I'd love to help out if I can.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Awesome man, thank you very much. We're going to cross our fingers for a 2 bedroom on base for now, but as my PCS gets closer, if nothing is happening with them I will definitely hit you up.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@Rugby_Guy I'm on the island about halfway through primary in lovely corpus. PM me if you need any help at all or want me to scope out any properties on the island. Sometimes zillow just doesn't have enough pics to get a good sense of the hosue. I had some people ahead of me help guide me into the right spots so I'd love to help out if I can.

Google Maps Street View is your friend while house-hunting. The listing may look great, but you can see if the house is across the street from a stockyard or whatnot.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Odd they aren't taking all your BAH no matter how big your place is. One of the biggest critiques against Balfour Beatty when I was living on base in Meridian was that same policy. Whenever they needed to add tenants, they would cut prices, but leave the people already under lease paying their entire BAH.

Just food for thought ands something to ask about.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
They pull all the BAH for 3 bedroom houses because that's what big Navy says an officer rates 3 bedroom place at a minimum. But, a 2NDLT and myself (prior enlisted) both give up all our BAH to be in the same 3 bedroom layout, even though those amounts are $400 apart. Or a 2NDLT and a Capt both rate the same 3 bedroom and give up all the BAH, even though those are vastly different. But, by accepting a place smaller than what we rate, we pay a market rate. What it comes down to for me is that my BAH is $2070, and I can find a really good 3 bedroom out in town if I'm going to give up my whole BAH, but a 2 bedroom is $995, which is really hard to beat. The difference between my BAH and rent would almost be like getting promoted early, as far as my budget goes.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Sweet man, as long as you're aware. Those civilians that run the show sometimes seem to make it up as they go along.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
The info I got was like pulling teeth and took no less than 45 minutes on the phone to fully figure out.

Compass Bay Apartments is the place to be. Nice pool, community charcoal grills, free dock space in case you want to park a boat for the weekend. Nice neighborhood to run/jog in, clean, quiet, safe. I walk to CVS all the time for a few items. Friends and I walk to the Pelican almost every Friday.

You find something yet?