• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Cool New EDO Recruiting Ad

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
For those handful of us EDOs on the board and anyone who wonders what an EDO does, Big Navy just released a cool new recruiting ad. The production values are pretty good and I think it does a decent job of explaining the world of us acquisitions professionals.

Infinitedouble

Do you know how the APC from NPS ties into the selection process? I recently just got mine evaluated and sent to PERS.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Do you know how the APC from NPS ties into the selection process? I recently just got mine evaluated and sent to PERS.
I'm not sure it does. As long as you have an engineering or engineering-adjacent (Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math, Architecture, Computer Science, etc.) bachelors, then they don't care. They will essentially assign you a curriculum at NPS when they cut your orders.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I was wondering, Who gets to pick the postgraduate school (NPS / MIT)
and program when selected?
The New Accessions Detailer may request a dream sheet of your top three picks but more than likely you will be assigned based upon vacancies within the department and needs of the Navy. Also, if you want to go to MIT, you have to apply for it and there's only one curriculum available which is Marine Engineering/Architecture. If you want to go to MIT, reach out to the New Accessions Detailer as soon as you get picked up for lat transfer.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Congrats! Make sure you boss those ensigns around ;)

If you're in an area where you have access to EDOs (RMC, shipyard, NIWC, NSWC, etc.) then I would recommend you go get some mentoring with some O5+ EDOs. They should be able to help you write your letter to the board and make sure your FITREPs are worded correctly and all of the other stuff.