• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contact lense clarification...

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Ive been reading things back and forth back and forth and I dont undertsand it, can someone tell me if I am qualified (I already passed the ASTB)

I am a civilian freshman in college applying to PLC, my vision is 20/200 uncorrected in both eyes, 20/20 up close. Ive been waring contact lenses for 5+ years... but I was reading it doesent apply to civilians?

I am confused as heck...

am I acceptable?

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
what doesn't apply to civvies? are you asking if you'll need prk to fly?

irishmc

yes, it applys to civilians as far as the USMC goes. here's my situation:

civilian sophmore at PSU trying for PLC
20/80 in one eye, 20/100 in the other
wearing contacts < 1 month now

I talked to my OSO about the waiver, he looked it up, said I was good to go with the new waiver. my only problem is that I won't get the waiver until I've worn them for at least 6 months, so I'm just waiting around for that. you seem to be fine with the waiver requirements, just have your OSO look it up. mine never knew about the waiver until I asked him about it, so I'm his first PLC candidate that will be applying for it.