• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jqmonkey

On this forun I've seen people talking about how you need to pass the PRT at excellant low but then when I read the OPNAVINST 6110.1G it says you only need to hit the probationary numbers.

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows which one it is to get into OCS.

Does it help your likely hood of getting into BDCP if you have better numbers?

Thanks,
Matt

NuSnake

if you look like a crappy candidate because of your PRT scores chances are the board will think that you arent worth getting shot. Make yourself as competative as possible, if you dont, well you probably wont get your dream shot. Just my 2 cents.

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

jaerose

I was told when I applied (been BDCP almost 3 years) to pass the PRT with a run of less than 12:00. Anything over that makes you look unfit. Honestly, you can run/walk 1.5 miles in 12:00 minutes, so that shouldn't be a problem. Faster is better. Also, now that they average your scores, maxing out on the push-ups and sit-ups will also boost your score (87/105 respectively for maxes). Good luck.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.