• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Confused about Reserve vs. Active duty

panzerfinder15

Stop Posting Information You Are Not 100% Sure About

As a current SNFO, the SNFO commitment is 6 years from winging-period- So, that equals ~2 years for flight school +6 years active duty= 8 year commitment. For SNA its ~3 years for flight school, plus 8 years active duty= 11 year commitment. That's the truth. No one argue with me:icon_rage, because I'm a friggiN SNFO and I know what the crap my communities commitment and contract is, and I know 100+ SNA's and that's what their contract is. Your 8 year ROTC commitment starts from your commissioning date, which means time is served. even by the time an NFO is done with his aviation commitment he/she can get out of the navy scott free.
ALSO, your commitment of active duty is RESET if you report to flight school and then DOR and go SWO. My good buddy spent ~1 year here in P-Cola (waiting 8 months to start IFS from commisioning date) and then Dropped On Request. He got selected for SWO, and now must serve 4 years active duty as a SWO, or two tours, whichever comes last.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a current SNFO, the SNFO commitment is 6 years from winging-period- So, that equals ~2 years for flight school +6 years active duty= 8 year commitment. For SNA its ~3 years for flight school, plus 8 years active duty= 11 year commitment. That's the truth. No one argue with me:icon_rage, because I'm a friggiN SNFO and I know what the crap my communities commitment and contract is, and I know 100+ SNA's and that's what their contract is. Your 8 year ROTC commitment starts from your commissioning date, which means time is served. even by the time an NFO is done with his aviation commitment he/she can get out of the navy scott free.

I disagree. :D Now sit down and calm down.

I don't think you really know what you think you know. Do you? :confused:

You only get out "scott free" if Mother Navy approves your request. I know people whose letters of resignation were denied.

As it relates to the rest of the thread, I went:

USNR AD 7 yrs
USN AD 4.8 yrs
USNR Drilling reservist 2.9 yrs
USNR AD 2 yrs
USN AD 6 yrs
Ended with a current Active Duty retirement at 20 years AD.

You can be a reservist on a recall to active duty and if you reach 20 years Active Duty...WINNER WINNER!!!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
midshipmanx, I must say that your choice of username (when you registered this year) is a bit confusing sir ;)

Whereas MIDNJAC is perfectly clear (even though you are in S Texas)