• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Complex Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPitbull

Hi All,

I'm a 21 yr old girl graduating this year from a Canadian institution granting me a Bachelor of Technology (It's a British school system degree) with honors standing. (It is a 4 yr degree though, unlike Britain - we're actually given advance standing for the first year of most 2-year MBA programs.)

There is nothing that would please me more than to serve in the US Marines as a pilot (admitedly F-18s are what I'm shooting for)

But, as a non-citizen I cannot be an officer. What I'd like to do is find a way to get a green card, enlist until I was eligible for citizenship, and eventually become an officer and make my way into a pilot slot (doing all this before the age cutoff)

I have demonstrated excellent leadership skills and have an excellent background and can provide stellar letters of recommendation - and I'm willing to renounce Canadian citizenship to be an officer.

Can anyone give me an idea of how far fetched my plan is! All I've ever wanted to do was be a US Marine and a pilot. Unfortunately, I was born 5 miles on the wrong side of the border.

Please advise.

Thanks,
CP

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a guy in my Squadron who emigrated from Ireland enlisted and becaem an avitor it is not that far fetched but it is a long but not impossible road

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CanadianPitbull said:
I'm not in it for easy - I just want to know it's possible.
Best bet is to talk with an Officer recruiter. They will be your best source of info on the various hoops you might have to jump through.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.