• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

competition....

ALANDSIEGEL

Wow, first let me say that this forum has provided alot of insight into what the ASTB actually consists of. Ive been reading a variety of different posts and have seen something i cant quite understand. I know that the selection board for SNA and SNFO basis their acceptance of a package on what the navy needs as well as LOR's, grades, scores among other things that the canadate has to offer, however, ive seen some exceptional candidates with high g.p.a's and high ASTB scores getting rejected while candidates with low grades and low scores are getting accepted! Can anyone attempt to explain this phenomena?

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
There's more to the package than a high GPA and ASTB scores (although those are very key factors in your package). Everyone says the Navy wants a "well rounded" person, so other factors come into play as well. It also has a lot to do with timing I think, what are the current needs of the Navy etc.