• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COMMDOCS are in!

dephyler

Contributor
My COMM DOCS came in today. I commission next Tuesday down in Newport.

Thanks again to everybody here! This is a great resource that I hope I can contribute more to it as I live through the experience!

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Speaking of commissioning...

if I'm selected, are there only certain places I can do the ceremony? I ask because my 75 year old grandfather is going to commission me and obviously having to drive 4.5 hours from DC to Virginia Beach could be doable but not the best. Any one know the rules on that?

Thanks.

Perry136

Dephyler, you're going DCO right? I am trying for a DCO position also and I was wondering about the actual DCO commissioning. Is there a ceremony like the LDO/CWO? Or to they just toss you a box that has your bars in it and tell you to go buy your kakis?

dephyler

Contributor
A commissioning ceremony is a personal choice. I swear in tomorrow, but my ceremony won't be for another month or two. The ceremony isn't "official", but it's a nice way to formally mark the occassion with family and friends. I do all of the planning for it. I'll know more tommorow after I meet with my recruiter and we cover the details.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of commissioning...

if I'm selected, are there only certain places I can do the ceremony? I ask because my 75 year old grandfather is going to commission me and obviously having to drive 4.5 hours from DC to Virginia Beach could be doable but not the best. Any one know the rules on that?

Thanks.
What dephyler said below. Your recruiter will work with you on the ceremony thing if you want guidance.

dephyler

Contributor
Well, my recruiter told me today that the commissioning ceremony is up to me. He did say that he'd help to grease the skids when it came to getting particular dates, but other than that, it's up to me. I waited to start planning since I'm aiming for the USS Constitution and wanted to introduce myself as Ens. rather than just some civilian. If that isn't an issue for you, you can pretty much start planning as soon as you get an idea of when your comm docs will come in.