• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colorblind tests

I’m slightly colorblind, I know I’ll fail the PIP test but I was wondering if the Navy will allow me to pursue aviation if I took the Farnsworth Lantern test. That particular test tests you on seeing red, green, and white and distinguishing them enough. I know I could ace that one. Did anyone here take that test or know anything about the Navy accepting that test?

Thanks.

JustAGuy

pilot
This was a long time ago, but the first time I took the PIP test I missed a bunch and they labeled me as color blind. I told them there is no way and they gave me the lantern test and confirmed that I was in fact not color blind. I can't remember what physical it was (NAMI maybe?) as it was 20-ish years ago , but after that I was able to do fine on the PIP test for the rest of my career.

Sorry it's not great information but at least one data point of someone that flew that had that test administered.

This was a long time ago, but the first time I took the PIP test I missed a bunch and they labeled me as color blind. I told them there is no way and they gave me the lantern test and confirmed that I was in fact not color blind. I can't remember what physical it was (NAMI maybe?) as it was 20-ish years ago , but after that I was able to do fine on the PIP test for the rest of my career.

Sorry it's not great information but at least one data point of someone that flew that had that test administered.
No no that’s great information, I couldn’t find any stories of people having that test administered or even if it was recognized by the Navy. I’m assuming they still recognize then. Thank you for sharing and letting me know.