• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Colonoscopy on DoDMERB

D

Deleted user cNaut

Back when I was applying for my schools ROTC program and the Naval Academy, I initiated the process of completing my DoDMERB. After I realized I no longer wanted to do ROTC ( and got rejected from Academy), I didn't bother completing the DoDMERB which was and still is requesting a remedial from me. The paper work they are asking for pertains to a colonoscopy/endoscopy that I had two years ago (they are asking me to state whether or not I had it done and if I have, to send the reports from it). Now, the doctor didn't find anything serious at all (just some hemorrhoids, polyps and some very mild patchy ulceration (THIS IS NOT AN ULCER)). The hemorrhoids are just from sitting on the toliet too long, everybody has polyps, and the mild ulceration is because I used to drink a lot of black coffee in preparation for the Navy as I heard a lot of Sailors love their 5 AM cup of Joe (my idea was that I could impress everyone in the fleet by being the Officer who can drink their black coffee the fastest).

The Doctor said that I'm physically very healthy and strong, however, if the military get's a hold of these reports (which I 100% intend to send) will I basically have no chance (due to the aviation's strict med requirements) at securing a guaranteed flight contract through either Navy OCS or USMC PLC? I'm pretty sure DoDMERB will clear me once I send it but I'm not sure how this will affect the medical screening process for an aviation contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

sickboy

pilot
I recommend getting one of these:

2282605648_2a6ea29062.jpg

browntown

You showed your hand way too soon. The suspension of disbelief made your first thread a real gem but now it’s all ruined since you whipped out the obvious troll card. :(

D

Deleted user cNaut

You showed your hand way too soon. The suspension of disbelief made your first thread a real gem but now it’s all ruined since you whipped out the obvious troll card. :(
This is a legitimate question though, the only part that isn't true is the drinking coffee to impress sailors part. Even if I'm cleared by DoDMERB; could that report still mess up my chances.