• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Coast Guard OCS Panel Dates

lifter123

Sorry if this info. was listed somewhere else...

I really want to join the CG so that I can fly and do my own part for this country. The Blue 21 program sounds like it is more than competitive, but I would also consider going through OCS and hoping for the best. I saw that the next CG OCS panel application is due Jan 26, but nothing else was listed for the rest of the year. Is there only one OCS panel per year, or have they just not listed the rest of the panels for the year? Also, how do I get a hold of an officer recruiter, the local USCG recruiter is so set on making me go enlisted? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah that is the only date I saw and my dad is trying to push me CG since he is a retired CG pilot. There was a board in October I believe but other than these two I'm not sure if there is anything else. I tried contacting a recruiter but he really wasn't of any help.

sardaddy

pilot
the CG doesn't have separate officer recruiters. You will have to go through a regular recruiter. Just keep pushing him to work with you for OCS.

Good luck.

lifter123

the CG doesn't have separate officer recruiters. You will have to go through a regular recruiter. Just keep pushing him to work with you for OCS.

Good luck.

That's what I was afraid of...I wish the recruiters would be a little more helpful with the officer stuff. I have this real desire to join the coast guard, even if I wouldn't get a flight slot, I would still be proud to be in the coast guard. I'll keep on pushin'. Thanx

natopotato

I'm trying to get my app submitted by the Feb 23rd deadline, but keep writing and rewriting my narrative. Does anyone want to swap narratives, or send me one they used so I have an idea of what it should look/sound/feel like? I'm not going to copy or plagiarize, I just want something to use as a guide, I feel like I'm shooting blanks in the dark. Goodluck to all applying!!

Cheers
Nate

HA,I thought the deadline was the 26th of Jan for civilians so I wasn't even gonna bother submitting but just realized it was in Feb. So on that note when I get to that point if you haven't submitted i'll help you out