• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNATRA NFO Pipeline Page UPDATED

SLB

None
At least most of the Navy info is correct, but there is a glaring error on the AF info.
Air Force Navigators report to Combat Crew Training School (CCTS) with possible follow-on assignments in the C-130, C-141, C-135s or E-3 aircraft.
Last I saw most 141s were permanently stationed at D.M. in Tucson, and there are no C-135s. I guess that ACSC JPME-1 course taught me something!

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
They mention using the T-39 for Intermediate. I thought that was only for the foreign nationals these days, unless there has been a change.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice to see their map has "Whidbey, WA" located between Vancouver and Chehalis. :p

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They mention using the T-39 for Intermediate. I thought that was only for the foreign nationals these days, unless there has been a change.

Maybe they are forecasting the future....when the AF takes their T-1s and plays by themselves. Within two years, the AF will complete their own training building at NASP and move all AF & AF toys to AF only training.

And yes, they use the T-39 for INT training.....the fact that it's now only international students is not included.

-ea6flyr ;)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Maybe they are forecasting the future....when the AF takes their T-1s and plays by themselves. Within two years, the AF will complete their own training building at NASP and move all AF & AF toys to AF only training.

And yes, they use the T-39 for INT training.....the fact that it's now only international students is not included.

-ea6flyr ;)

I don't think anyone will really miss the T-1 harassment package, in my opinion.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Where do they send you for P-3C, EP-3, and E-6 FRS? It tells you what aircraft but doesn't say the locations of the training...that I noticed for Navy anyway.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
Where do they send you for P-3C, EP-3, and E-6 FRS? It tells you what aircraft but doesn't say the locations of the training...that I noticed for Navy anyway.

P-3C and EP-3E...VP-30 @ Jax.

E-6B...VQ-7 @ Tinker AFB (Oklahoma City, OK)

badger16

None
So it may be a little threadjack but I did not want to start a new thread and the NFO synopsis thread was closed. Question is if any of you salty NFO's or studs who are more ahead of me have any advice for contact flights? Sims pretty much went off without a hitch. I spent a bunch of time in them and that seemed to help come show time. Any special things I should be looking at before flight 1? Thanks in advance.

magnetfreezer

So it may be a little threadjack but I did not want to start a new thread and the NFO synopsis thread was closed. Question is if any of you salty NFO's or studs who are more ahead of me have any advice for contact flights? Sims pretty much went off without a hitch. I spent a bunch of time in them and that seemed to help come show time. Any special things I should be looking at before flight 1? Thanks in advance.

Make sure you know the big (5?) flight procedures COLD (ATS, LSC, POS, TP, Spin), since remembering them will be harder when you are trying to control the plane as well. Also know boldface, ops limits, etc cold, as well as the discuss items. For EPs that are a discuss item, don't just know the boldface; if there is a PCL procedure look it up in the NATOPS as well so you know the systems reasoning behind why you do each step. Search the gouge forum for course rules, there should be a Google Earth file with course rules and Area 1 landmarks.

Make sure to have fun too - contacts are great especially if you do as much flying as the IP will let you. Knowing all your stuff in the brief helps set a better tone for the flight.