• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classics & Antiques

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
The Chief stirred up some interest in old cars when he posted a pic of his Austin Healey with "accessories" in the "MIA A4sForever?" thread. Anyone else want to join in with pics of either their current or former rides? Here is my current '51 MG TD.
DSCN0598.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Chief stirred up some interest in old cars when he posted a pic of his Austin Healey with "accessories" in the "MIA A4sForever?" thread. Anyone else want to join in with pics of either their current or former rides? Here is my current '51 MG TD.
View attachment 10271
Thanks alot! I really didn't need to see that. I have lusted after an MG TD since they were almost new. Big time envy. (Always wanted a Healey too. Many of them at AOCS at the time.)

Have a Porsche now, but bought this one on my 1st cruise, new, and put 700,000 miles on it... with original engine. Sold it just a couple of years ago.

volvothumblg.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I'm sorry, I thought this was going to be about A-4, A-6's and Tomcats....

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
In 1972 I found this basket case '56 MGA in a garage in my hometown. It hadn't run in 7 years. I gave $75 for it and towed it home during spring break of my junior year in college. I spent most every evening that summer after getting home from my summer job and most every weekend, working on it. Here are some scanned, old Instamatic shots of before and after.
MGAProject.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
1990 BMW e30 M3 is my JG mobile.....will have to dig up some pics somewhere....it's not exactly street legal....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I shared the NKX pattern with a freaking H-3 a few weeks back.......I was thinking "WTF, they still fly these?" until I saw it's paint job. Something about President of the United States or such......followed a couple days later by AF 1 :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
They brought the H-3? Usually they use VH-60s when POTUS is on the road.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
They brought the H-3? Usually they use VH-60s when POTUS is on the road.

Unless HMX-1 changed in the last couple of years, they fly the Sea Pig in CONUS because it has a higher cabin height so the prez can stand up getting on and off the helo.

They use the H-60 overseas since the Hawk can be folded and stuffed in a C-5/17 without taking the whole rotor head off the aircraft requiring more maintenance and an FCF when the get to the destination.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Thanks alot! I really didn't need to see that. I have lusted after an MG TD since they were almost new. Big time envy. (Always wanted a Healey too. Many of them at AOCS at the time.)

Have a Porsche now, but bought this one on my 1st cruise, new, and put 700,000 miles on it... with original engine. Sold it just a couple of years ago.

volvothumblg.jpg

Not too many P1800s around nowadays- but I'm sure you've heard of the one in New York that is getting close to 3,000,000 miles.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My older brother picked up a fixer upper P1800 a few years back with the intention of restoring it to it's former glory. Sadly, between work, restoring his 3 houses, and my 2 young nephews, he just didn't have time for it and sold it to some Portland hipster in skinny jeans :( Speaking of which, my old man has an Austin Healy Sprite collecting dust in his hangar that he has spent the last 15 years "getting ready to restore". I'm sure he'd be happy to sell it if anyone is looking. It is in pretty poor shape, but has potential.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Not really cool or fast, but definitely classic and antique. . .my daily driver :
2011-01-27_14-57-51_243.jpg
'74 Super 'Vert

As with all grocery getters, it's a work in progress. Hoping to do something like this to it:

dyn003_original_680_500_pjpeg_17568.jpg
redvwbeetleblondechickln0.jpg

CAMike

None
Contributor
Cat's Volvo rocks for sure. My 72 Coupe below. Last year for Chrome bumpers both front and rear.

mikeengine72dsc04781.jpg

mikes72.jpg