• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

classes in athens

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
What are the classes like when we get to supply corps school? Also please share any other info about Athens, like where to live, navy facilities nearby, recreation facilities(if there is time), employment for spouses. thank-you

unfUSN

You take like 2 classes at once... maybe 3 at one point. You will take Disbursing the entire time, but you will also have Food Service, Postal, Supply Management, some IT classes and a few other things. It's been 2 years, so it's hard to remember. All tests are open pub, but don't think that makes it easy. The pubs are huge and hard to navigate.

Athens is a great town! I loved it. There is a lot to do, especailly if you like anything out-doors. There are a million apt in the town, because of the college. I would suggest going to the housing office and looking through their stuff. It is pretty updated and they can help you out.

The base is TINY... there is a small exchange, commisary, medical and NFCU on-base.

I'm not too sure about spouse employment. You will only be there about 7 months unless it is backed up and you get stashed.

LTJG Payne

navsup

BDCP Supply
thanks for the info. it sounds like we get plenty of time to study. I thought since it was only 6 months that the workload would be very heavy. How long is the usual class day?
what do IT classes usually cover? Is that teaching us to use computer programs or something like that.

unfUSN

You do have a lot of time to study, but there is a crap load of info on every test and it is a real test of attention to detail. It's the standard Navy fire-hose effect.

You are in class from like 0700-1500... you usually get about an 1 1/2 for lunch and PT.

The IT class covers everything from word to setting up data bases... it's pretty comprehensive, but they give it to you in baby steps.

LTJG Payne

doubleeagle

While in Athens does each class PT together or are you on your own to take care of that? How big are the classes (avg.)? Is it a cut-throat community like aviation or is it more along the lines of let's help each other do the best we can?

unfUSN

When I was leaving NSCS they had just started having class PT in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday...

There are 2 classes that are there at the same time... you'll be called something like Echo and Foxtrot. Each class has about 30 students. It's not really cut throat at all... The instructors and students all try to help one another. If you are a loner and study by your self all the time the 6 months will suck.

LTJG Payne

doubleeagle

thanks for the info unfUSN.

navsup I hope your Cowboys pull off a three peet (spelling?) against the swooners this year. I am from OKC and can't stand ou. PM me, we should try to meet up, Stillwater isn't far at all.

navsup

BDCP Supply
LTJG Payne,
How often do new classes start at supply corp school. I thought I read that they started in december and april. Is that true or do we just start shortly after we graduate ocs?

unfUSN

You know, I'm sorry but I really can't remeber... Have you tried calling the NSCS Quarter Deck (706) 354-1500)? There is usually just a stash or duty ENS answering the phones... he/she can usually answer most questions. I know when I had that duty people where calling all the time... plus he/she will have better up to date gouge than some old LTJG like me!

Check out the webpage www.nscs.com

I'll answer anything else that I can, but try the webpage and give the 1/4 a call.

LTJG Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.