• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Class Date/Current Status Confusion

Beardog

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping people here can help me out.

I applied to the SNA board last year (2020) and was notified by my recruiter over the summer that I was selected. I graduated in December of 2020 and was hoping to have a class date by now (March 29th 2021). Whenever I ask my recruiter about my status or when I might be leaving I get a generic, non-answer type response.

Is 4 months a long wait time for a class date or am I just being impatient? The selection board was for FY21 so I am expecting September at the latest.

xcrunner18

I know for our board, the 02Nov20, a good amount from that group that got that PROREC Y still do not have a date. But then some were given a date, and even had their dates change. Seems like a lot of the age critical peeps are getting through fast which makes since, but beyond that, I dunno man

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I was given a PROREC Y on the Feb 22 SWO board. It is basically April 2021. My "class date" is FY22, meaning October 2021. I'll wait about 7 months for a class date.

I'm still up for INTEL on the March 1 IWC board. If I get into that one, I'll petition for a sooner OCS date. Preferably July 2021.

Beardog

Thanks for the info. Definitely looks like I'm not the only one in this situation. Does anyone know of a place I can find out my status on my own without waiting 3 days for a reply from my recruiter?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Do you not have your OR's phone number? If I can't get a quick response from my OR, I directly text or call him. Always immediate response or within an hour.

Beardog

I do but my calls get ignored and texts are about a 3 day response time. Have definitely thought about talking to another OR closer to my current residence.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
What board did you apply to? If it was the October/November board I think you're in the same boat as most people. Currently this is a normal amount of waiting. You're going to have a lot of radio silence because until you get a date nothing is really going to change.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
No it was the May board last year. I didn’t graduate until this December however
If you wanted to contact another OR that's your prerogative, but I don't know what another OR could really do besides what I imagine is being done. It may be the case that you're now waiting for a date just like everyone from the October/November board cycles. It may just be bad timing that several boards released results (and were being slotted for OCS dates) before you graduated so you may be getting slotted for an OCS date alongside a couple hundred other people... I think it's just a patience thing at this point, I think the biggest factor is that you graduated three months ago, not that you were selected from the May board. You've only been eligible to go to OCS for three months, so your wait time really hasn't been that long.

Beardog

Yeah contacting another OR is just a thought to have more effective communication with someone that has access to the right information.

I’ve been doing some more reading on other threads since I posted and the wait seems normal. Definitely feels longer than it has been lol guess I’ll take this as a blessing in disguise to get in better shape and review my knowledge. Thanks for the help everyone!

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping people here can help me out.

I applied to the SNA board last year (2020) and was notified by my recruiter over the summer that I was selected. I graduated in December of 2020 and was hoping to have a class date by now (March 29th 2021). Whenever I ask my recruiter about my status or when I might be leaving I get a generic, non-answer type response.

Is 4 months a long wait time for a class date or am I just being impatient? The selection board was for FY21 so I am expecting September at the latest.
Did you provide your OR with final transcripts showing your degree was conferred? FY 21 means you will commission in FY 21 so that means you need to be in OCS around the July 1st timeframe.

Beardog

Did you provide your OR with final transcripts showing your degree was conferred? FY 21 means you will commission in FY 21 so that means you need to be in OCS around the July 1st timeframe.

Yeah I did. That was my understanding as well and I’m seeing people receiving class dates in August already which is what caused the worry in the first place.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I did. That was my understanding as well and I’m seeing people receiving class dates in August already which is what caused the worry in the first place.

you could contact the NRD/NTAG processor for your recruiter and just say you wanted to verify your transcripts were acceptable, and then when they say "yes" respond with "great, do you know when I could be going to OCS" to see what he or she says.