• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Clarification on new PRT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman

I was reading an old message on the new PRT scoring and standards that take effect in October. I was just kinda curious if these standards were going to be used for the PRT in API? I'm also unclear as to how the new scoring works, if I score probationary on the run but do well on my push-ups and sit-ups can I still pass? I was looking at the tables on the following website: http://www.mwr.navy.mil/mwrprgms/prttesttab.pdf
and was wondering if these were the same requirements for the API PRT. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm about to start API and I'm a horrible runner who's sweating the run! Thanks in advance.

ghost_ttu

When I look at that table there is only one thing that comes to mind. Damn sometimes it's actually a good thing to be getting old!!!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

aviatormo

Jman,

I believe that at API you must run 1.5 mi in less than 12 min. If you have recently completed OCS then this shouldn't be a problem for you. If you are out of shape I would strongly suggest running NOW!!! If you do not pass the run I don't think they will kick you out, but they will not let you start your class until you have successfully passed.

Moses Smith

farmboy103

At API, currently (as of today) you still have to run the PRT within 12 minutes. It is supposed to be adapted to the new PRT standards as of last week (what I heard heresay last Thursday). If you don't pass your initial screen, you go on Mando until you do. PT every morning, 0530 or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.