• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christmas Standdown Dates

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You actually assume things like that are planned this far out. You'll be disappointed your entire time in the Navy if you think you're ever going to know mass leave dates more than a month or two out.

Unforgiven33

I've actually been in for almost 8 years now, and generally people have an idea. For example, does the school generally take only the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years? Boats and ships usually take a whole month, 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and 2 weeks surrounding New Years, so the whole crew doesn't disappear at once, this way they split it up. Im guessing a school generally takes just the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years. Any thoughts?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I've actually been in for almost 8 years now, and generally people have an idea. For example, does the school generally take only the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years? Boats and ships usually take a whole month, 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and 2 weeks surrounding New Years, so the whole crew doesn't disappear at once, this way they split it up. Im guessing a school generally takes just the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years. Any thoughts?

It will probably vary from squadron to squadron. You're likely not going to get more than a 96 because of currency problems. Then again sometimes it seems like no one is current (or current in name only).

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
You lost me at the currency problems?

I think the CNATRA rule is you have to have 1 flight in the last 6 days and 2 in the last 14 otherwise you can't do a graded event without a warm up sim/flight or the event is graded at the IPs discretion. With longer periods of leave you then have to start using resources just to get people eligible for events. Grab a copy of the MPTS if you want to know specifics.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Most students in TW4 (Corpus) went home for two weeks last Christmas/New Years. Can't speak to Milton primary squadrons but I'd imagine it was probably the same.

However, as others said, you will have to wait awhile to get the actual dates. And DON'T buy plane tickets until you know the actual dates. If you accidentally schedule a flight before or during the safety stand down you will have to rearrange your flights home. Huge pain in the ass.