• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Choosing between Marines and Navy (Fighter pilot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chax99

Ok, so I’m looking to become a fighter pilot through ROTC and I’ve been doing my research but I’m having a hard time deciding between the Marines and Navy. I have gathered a lot of info about the two branches and their differences but I still have a few questions that I couldn’t find answers for.

1. I know that marines do fly of carriers but how often are they deployed onto carriers and how likely are you to be deployed onto one. Does every marine fighter pilot get the chance to fly of a carrier? Also when on a carrier do their mission become the exact same as the navy pilots and do they fly alongside with them.

2. I would like to travel and see new place, I know on a carrier you make stops at different ports and are allowed to explore for the time your there. But my question is on where as pilot are you likely to be stationed are you more likely to be based overseas in the marines or navy?

3.Is it harder to become a pilot for the Navy or Marines? I’ve heard that for the marines infantry is the most sought after officer job making me believe that there are more slots of Aviation but at the same I believe they have less fighter jets than the Navy (I’m not 100% sure if that is correct.)

(My last question is a little childish and I know being a fighter pilot is one of the coolest jobs available and that during shore tours/ b billets you will be doing different things but it’s been something I’ve been wondering)

4. My last question is just about being a pilot in general. Personally I’ve always been someone that likes do a bit of everything, my ideal life would be traveling the world and being able to do different odd and cool jobs every few years (which I realize isn’t very realistic). Anyway being somewhat of a jack of all trades with many different interests doing the same thing for about 10 years seems like a long time. So has anyone actually gotten bored of being a fighter pilot?

If any of these questions have been answered before I apologize I didn't see them in my search and if you could point me toward the answer I'd appreciate it

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I don't normally say this, but:

SEARCH, DUDE!!!!!

Homework assignment: Read everything you can on this forum for 1 week. Start with stickies, and work your way down. Do not post during this 1 week research period. Then see how many of your questions have been answered or changed. If you don't care enough to read for a bit, then you are trolling, and shit's not gonna go well for you here, or in flight school.

Last edited:

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Homework assignment: Read everything you can on this forum for 1 week. Start with stickies, and work your way down. Do not post during this 1 week research period. Then see how many of your questions have been answered or changed. If you don't care enough to read for a bit, then you are trolling, and shit's not gonna go well for you here, or in flight school.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.