• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

China ADIZ

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
China has a history of conducting itself unprofessionally and recklessly on the high seas and in international airspace (look at the EP-3 collision as well as Chinese harassment of US oceanographic survey ships). It's been using its relatively new found status as a regional power to act like a bully in the Pacific. A reaction like this to our presence in the area (which we obviously wanted them to know about if we sent a CG to the area) is not surprising.

BigRed389

None
China has a history of conducting itself unprofessionally and recklessly on the high seas and in international airspace (look at the EP-3 collision as well as Chinese harassment of US oceanographic survey ships). It's been using its relatively new found status as a regional power to act like a bully in the Pacific. A reaction like this to our presence in the area (which we obviously wanted them to know about if we sent a CG to the area) is not surprising.

Getting this frisky around an armed warship like a CG is relatively new though (maybe similar stuff during the Cold War?), if I'm not mistaken. Seems like they're starting to get pretty cocky.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Getting this frisky around an armed warship like a CG is relatively new though (maybe similar stuff during the Cold War?), if I'm not mistaken. Seems like they're starting to get pretty cocky.
False. They did similar things back in 08-09 with one of our DDG's that we sent to support the SURTASS ship that was being harassed. In that in instance, we kept doing things to provoke them, until they pulled the maneuver that cut the tail off the SURTASS.