• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chicago People??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaznups

Seeing that Jet Junkie has started a trend...

Are there any Chi-town or NRD Chicago OCS selectees (or wannabes)?

Jaz
turtle_125.gif

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

jthomps1

Jaznups,

I have since moved from Chicago back to South Bend, Indiana...but all of my paperwork etc was processed through my recruiter at Fort Sheridan (North of Chicago). I was selected as an SNA with an OCS date of Oct 4 2003.

I noticed that you're currently a student...where are you going to school? Good luck with Finals!! -JT

jaznups

Thanks but I'm already out... :)

Yep still a student at Dartmouth...in NH

ltrain

I'm in Chicago. I'm just getting ready to start the process. I called and left a few messages (that message system is awkward; like 15 seconds of space) at Ft. Sheridan last week - one with a Lt Donahue. I have yet to hear back. Are the recruiters there hard to get ahold of, jthomps1? What's your experience been like going through that recruiting station? Any advice you can give would be great.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I am near Chicago during parts of the year. I move between South Bend, IN; Lafayette, IN; and Boulder, CO.

I am however talking to the recruiter out here in Denver. That might change since I spend most of my time in Indiana.

Kobyra

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I still have a bit of college left, but I am currently thinking BDCP for SNA or SNFO; or NUPOC.

Although Marines is always a possibility. I have not made too many decisions b/c I am still early in the process (sort of, things keeping me from applying for now, Co-ops make those kinds of things interesting.). So in 2 years when I graduate, who knows where I will be.

Kobyra

P.S. Clarity seems a long way off
banghead_125.gif

jaznups

hahah I hear ya! Take your time and weigh all your options! and good luck... I'm in BDCP now if you want to ask me anything... I still have 2 more years also...

Jaz

PS My CS prof used to say "Clarity comes when the confusion is gone"... when all of us were moaning about his latest problem set..
bigmouth_125.gif

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
I went through NRD Chicago a year ago. I had a good experience with them...my application took about a month to fill out (the references always take long) but I thought they were well organized and very helpful, especially after reading some of the recruiting horror stories on the board. The only thing I wish they had is a way to meet other people going into the program...some of the other NRD's have depper meetings.

jthomps1

Yeah, I agree. I had a pretty good experience through my Chicago recruiter (LT Hopson) at Fort Sheridan. After I swore in, I havn't been able to get a hold of anybody over there...Hmmmm?...Figures!

Can one of you explain the BDCP thing... I've sworn in and will attend OCS in Oct. as an SNA...am I a candidate for any Navy benefits prior to my OCS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.