• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chapel on Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithS

I hate to post this question on the API forum but since most of you guys have already gone thru OCS I figured you'd be able to help me out. Do you know if we get to see our wives on Sundays at Chapel or something like that? Is there a chapel service on Sundays that's open to all personel? Anyway, any info is appreciated.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes you have the opportunity to go to church on Sundays. Most of us married types would meet the wife and kids there. After four weeks (fourth weekend) at OCS you usually get liberty for the weekend and can do as you wish.

Dave

Dave Shutter

hey Dave, what is 4th week rlp?

ONE BIG F*%#$ING PARTY!

Ok, I lied. Your 4'th week RLP (you'll have another on the 9'th) is your first major graded event as individuals and a class, besides the History test at the end of week two (academics have been overhauled, so it may have changed). There used to be some pictures of it on the old OCS page. Candidates calmy standing in position while DI's quitely do their inspection. Here's a little secret...you won't see any of that. You will get a nice full body workout though. Besides that I don't want to give away too much of the fun.

Basically it's a detailed inspection of you and your locker in two parts. They'll call for you to stand-by and you'll wait, and sweat, and wait some more. Then Class Officers appear, inspect your uniform and some shiny trinkets you'll arrange in a nice row on your desk while asking you three simple questions. Every thing that's wrong is a hit. Then they go away and you wait some more as those Officer work their way down the hall. At this point you'll hear what the DI's are doing in the room next to you while you wait your turn. When they show up the real fun starts. They go through you wall locker and bed display. Every little thing that's wrong here is also a hit. Get enough hit's and you fail individually. Your class get's enough hits and you fail as a whole. You are now "Un-secured".

Basically it's a lesson in team work and uniformity. If you have a bunch of people in your class that aren't team players, or priors that don't take it seriously, you won't be leaving base any time soon. It's not as grueling an experience as say...getting all four wisdom teeth out in one sitting by an Army Dentist (boy...was that fun) but you'll psyche yourself out more than anything worrying about it until it the day because weekend liberty is on the line. Double the worry/stress factor if you have wife and kids. If you do pass and secure, while you and your classmates are having cold ones downtown, I guarantee you won't be able to stop laughing about what went on.

...after the smoke settles of course.

dewahl

My friends that go to church over at NAS call the Officer Candidates 4 week christians. Because after their 4th week they never come back.

Dave

grmaster1

Originally posted by dewahl
My friends that go to church over at NAS call the Officer Candidates 4 week christians. Because after their 4th week they never come back.

Dave

Dave,

Do you have your PCS orders for flight school in hand or is all you got now a duty under instruction set?

grmaster1

Originally posted by dewahl
Duty under instruction. Hey grmaster did ya get my email?

Dave

Yes, I did.

It sucks for me not having PCS orders coming from Italy, but that's OK... Navy life--can't go wrong
icon_smile_wink.gif

Dave Shutter

Actually only NFO's get PCS orders after OCS because they stay at NAS for their Primary. Pilots go to one of four other places, and it's never official until you graduate, so we get temp orders for API and don't get PCS until TRAWING assignment. Trust me, I'm stuck in API and can't move my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.