• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changing OCS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAM97to99

I found out today I was selected SNA with an OCS date of July 30, 2005. I was wondering if any one has tried or succeeded at moving up their OCS date. That’s a long wait to start especially when you are out working construction in the burning hot sun and soon to be freezing cold winter.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Well, I feel your pain. I know you don't want to wait any longer than needed, but you'll have to. You could try to get your date moved up, but you may not be able to hold onto SNA at the same time. The main reason they put your OCS date that far is because of the saturated SNA field. They plan your OCS around the next available flight school date.

So, sorry man. Just enjoy your time until then and work on your memorization and PRT. Good luck.

Sabre170

None
I found out in May that I had a Jan 05 class (eight months) with your date 10 months off, I don't feel so bad.

R

RickyDT34

I have been trying to move my OCS date up for the past five months. No luck though.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I've tried to move my OCS date up because I enjoy pain, but it hasn't worked...just bend over and take it...it'll com soon enough.

EngineGirl

R

RickyDT34

EngineGirl said:
...just bend over and take it...it'll com soon enough.

EngineGirl
:eek: YIKES... is that what they mean when they say the "new Navy"

CLAM97to99

I was able to get my OCS date moved up 5 months. I think they might have done it because if I waited untill my origional OCS date I would be 27 when i started.

Status
Not open for further replies.