• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changing College Majors

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinag12

Texas A&M Class of '06
Howdy! I just had a question for anyone out there familiar with recruiting requirements for OCS as SNA. I'm currently an Aerospace Engineer at Texas A&M, but I'm switching into Business Management so I can have more time to be a flight instructor out at the local airport. My question is: Will changing my major make a significant impact in my chances of getting into OCS as guaranteed SNA? Just to give a little extra info, I have about a 3.0 gpa right now, and expect to graduate with about a 3.3, I currently have 300 flight hours and expect on having a little over 1000 when i graduate, and I'm in very good physical shape. Anyone out there that can help answer this question would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and Gig 'em Aggies!!!

riley

Don't know about the Navy, (I'm applying for Marine OCS - SNA) - but I think the AF is the only service that really cares about candidates having a technical degree. I have a marketing degree.

You only have one life to live, so why be miserable? If you'd enjoy your time in school more by switching majors - go for it..

I would recommend, though, that you show emphasis on volunteer work and leadership. I think those two areas are more important than what degree you walk away with. I've heard of pilots with an english or history degree. If you can demonstrate leadership poetential and selfless service to others - you are already demonstrating qualities of an officer.

My own opinion - take it either way....

Status
Not open for further replies.