• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

change of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigs_34

i heard this, but i think it might be a rumor...but maybe someone knows on here. Through bdcp, if someone changes his mind after graduation, does he have the option to drop out if he pays back the money given to him over the time through bdcp. i heard the navy has the option to enlist you for a couple of years if you change your mind, but someone told me that they don't mind if you pay them the money back. Anybody know what the deal is with this?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are no provisions for paying the money back. They will send you to boot camp. There are rumors about some guys slipping through the cracks. Usually they are guys that ended up NPQ just before shipping or were deemed not basicly qualified for commission after enrollment in the program, ie. guy turns out to be mental or other wise unstable and unreliable, legal trouble, major unforseen personal problems such as careing for a terminally ill family member. When these sort of things occur, the Navy just walks away rather than fight it or make a guys life more miserable. Afterall, they likely aren't suitable for enlisted either at that point. If, however, someone simply wants to change his mind, his choices will be limited to OCS or Boot Camp, officer or enlisted. Leaving the Navy is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.