• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Change in Mechanical section on OAR?

CSO683

Hello all!

First time poster. I'm a retired submariner that now tutors full-time. I love tutoring for the OAR, but a few of my past students have mentioned that the Mechancial section has changed significantly. My last student said, "No levers, no gears, etc.." Does anyone have some insight on what the Mechanical section IS focusing on now? Also, which (if any) of the many study books has that recent material.

Any and all replies are Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Negus
(LCDR, USN, Ret.)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all!

First time poster. I'm a retired submariner that now tutors full-time. I love tutoring for the OAR, but a few of my past students have mentioned that the Mechancial section has changed significantly. My last student said, "No levers, no gears, etc.." Does anyone have some insight on what the Mechanical section IS focusing on now? Also, which (if any) of the many study books has that recent material.

Thanks,
Jeff Negus
(LCDR, USN, Ret.)

You might find your answers on the ASTB FAQ section on here.

Hello all!

Thanks,
Jeff Negus
(LCDR, USN, Ret.)
Answered lever and gear questions as of JUL 2022

CSO683

Thanks all! I have tutored three students since the beginning of 2023 that said that the Mechanical section was very different. These were all computer adaptive test takers.

Please let me know any solid info.

Thanks,
Jeff

exNavyOffRec

Thanks all! I have tutored three students since the beginning of 2023 that said that the Mechanical section was very different. These were all computer adaptive test takers.

Please let me know any solid info.

Thanks,
Jeff
Any change in the question bank would result in new ASTB versions like they did before.