• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of selection

Nasser5

So I currently have a 2.97 in nutrition, going into my last semester in college, got a 47 5/6/6 on my ASTB , and have 3 great letters of recommendation already sent out to my recruiter. I also am a student pilot at a part 141 school, accumulating flight hours. Also recently got PRK surgery (about 5 months into recovery) I know these aren’t optimal scores to have / gpa but just wondering if anyone was in my similar situation and was able to get selected. I am also open to any advice the experienced people here have to give. Thank you guys.

PEFO Silver-Shades

So I currently have a 2.97 in nutrition, going into my last semester in college, got a 47 5/6/6 on my ASTB , and have 3 great letters of recommendation already sent out to my recruiter. I also am a student pilot at a part 141 school, accumulating flight hours. Also recently got PRK surgery (about 5 months into recovery) I know these aren’t optimal scores to have / gpa but just wondering if anyone was in my similar situation and was able to get selected. I am also open to any advice the experienced people here have to give. Thank you guys.
@exNavyOffRec will be able to provide a better answer, but the boards usually look at the ASTB, specifically PFAR/FOFAR for SNA/NFO respectively. people have been picked up with the minimum scores but in the off chance i would continue to study just in case you need to retake the test. if you search the lastest SNA/NFO boards they have excel sheets that have the average GPA/OAR/PFAR/FOFAR/AQR of those who provided their results

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec will be able to provide a better answer, but the boards usually look at the ASTB, specifically PFAR/FOFAR for SNA/NFO respectively. people have been picked up with the minimum scores but in the off chance i would continue to study just in case you need to retake the test. if you search the lastest SNA/NFO boards they have excel sheets that have the average GPA/OAR/PFAR/FOFAR/AQR of those who provided their results
continue to study, you have minimums and looking at the sheets people have shared competition could be going up, in all fairness unless a person had 8's or 9's I would encourage them to study in case they didn't get picked up.

If you are 5 months post PRK you still have like a month left before you are at your 6 month post surgery checkup so you have time.

PringleMan

If I may offer my advice/opinion, the ORA portion of the ASTB is just like the GRE with the extra mechanics (basic physics and pulleys/levers) tacked on. The other main parts of the ASTB are more related to how you respond to sudden information and you cannot really study for it except for perhaps timed perception puzzles.

Regarding your Pilots license, finish your instrument before you consider it a real asset. Having a license at all is a plus, but there are a LOT of people applying with a private pilot license. An instrument is a bigger advantage these days, because for a long long time the DoD did IFR before VFR. That is not really the case anymore, but the people sitting on the selection board would be from the generation that "grew up" that way.

If you have those elements (IFR license + great ASTB), and awesome interviews from Active personnel, then you should have enough to make up for a GPA deficiency.