• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of Making Oceano With Minimal Stem Background

The2ndworst

Hello,
I recently started the process of trying become a Naval officer. I took the ASTB today with orginal intent on becoming an NFO and scored 60/5/4/5. A not very competitive score for an NFO. I was wondering if I would have any chance of making it as an OCEANO, with a minimal stem background.
-bachelors in History
-3.5 GPA
-Calc 1-3
-Physics with Calc AB

exNavyOffRec

Hello,
I recently started the process of trying become a Naval officer. I took the ASTB today with orginal intent on becoming an NFO and scored 60/5/4/5. A not very competitive score for an NFO. I was wondering if I would have any chance of making it as an OCEANO, with a minimal stem background.
-bachelors in History
-3.5 GPA
-Calc 1-3
-Physics with Calc AB
Minimal, the PA strongly prefers specific STEM degrees, that means that is what they want, they are also very picky they have shipped their FY 22 goal to OCS already and they only need to pick 1 more at the March board to meet their selection goal.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The STEM degrees are *most strongly preferred* for OCEANO. You can take that as an unofficial requirement. Additionally, a big part of the STEM degree is so the OCEANO community can send you to MIT or Naval Postgraduate School during your career to get your MS.

Program Authorization for OCEANO can be found here:

You might have better odds with Intel:

You would be competitive for SWO if you submit with what you have now.

If your overall desire is Aviation and based with what you have, you may have to retake the ASTB and improve your aviation sub-scores.

The2ndworst

The STEM degrees are *most strongly preferred* for OCEANO. You can take that as an unofficial requirement. Additionally, a big part of the STEM degree is so the OCEANO community can send you to MIT or Naval Postgraduate School during your career to get your MS.

Program Authorization for OCEANO can be found here:

You might have better odds with Intel:

You would be competitive for SWO if you submit with what you have now.

If your overall desire is Aviation and based with what you have, you may have to retake the ASTB and improve your aviation sub-scores.
Thanks for the advice, I am currently scheduling it on taking again. I think I can improve each of the scores, since I took it without studying. I think I can get to 70 and straight 6’s. Then apply for NFO with a backup of SC. SWO seems to have gotten generally negative reviews from those I’ve spoken with.