• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of getting Tailhook in the USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade One

None
I think the current "Navy/Marine Corps Integration Scheme" has two squadrons east and one squadron west. Others with better info will chime in. I best know the "Death Rattlers" from VMFA-323 here in San Diego at Miramar. Don't know the east coast squadrons. But all of that is "today" info…could change for myriad reasons.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
1-866-679-8420

This is the CNATRA selection hotline.

There's a series of menu options that explain what your chances are of anything flight school related. All your selection numbers are answered there. Week by week chances, percentages, minimum NSS required by type aircraft and coast......everything.

There's even a special extension for those with prior flight time.

Renegade One

None
1-866-679-8420

This is the CNATRA selection hotline.

There's a series of menu options that explain what your chances are of anything flight school related. All your selection numbers are answered there. Week by week chances, percentages, minimum NSS required by type aircraft and coast......everything.

There's even a special extension for those with prior flight time.
Is that actually the phone number for the Chaplain's Office? ;)

StarDust

I'll try calling them. Thanks for all the help I have gotten here on AirWarriors. You guys are the best. No kidding.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Are there tailhook drops for USMC aviators at the end of primary? Thanks for the help.
No...no primary training aircraft has a tailhook. However, if you select jets, you may get to drop your hook at the boat...or during an emergency ;)

Don't let these old guys fool ya, they're just messing around.

StarDust

Roughly 42 percent was the last power point brief I saw, but that was in 2005. Does anyone have any of the current numbers? Maybe the email or phone line to the placement folks?

Can you give me a link to the powerpoint, if you have it? Thanks

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Can you give me a link to the powerpoint, if you have it? Thanks

Call the number and ask for the PowerPoint. They're there to help you! All you need is a phone, an email address, and perhaps a credit card and they'll give you anything you ask for.

81montedriver

pilot
Are there "tailhook drops" for USMC aviators at the end of primary? Thanks for the help.

My first thought was a game almost like "pin the tail on the donkey" but instead you get drunk in celebration of completing primary and "pin the tail hook on the Hornet."

Status
Not open for further replies.