• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chances of becoming an Intel Officer

gabestevens

I am 28 years old next month and graduate college in the Fall. I will probably have around a 3.0 GPA which I know isn’t great but, there’s not much I can do to raise it at this point.
I am prior service Army National Guard (15Y) and have been a Private Investigator for going on 5 years (Criminal investigations, Domestic, Workers Comp, Insurance Fraud, Corporate Theft, etc). I want to be an Intelligence Officer so bad. It’s all I can think about. What are my chances and how soon should I get the ball rolling if I have any chance at all? My first choice would be going into the Navy.
I have high ranking retired officers that would gladly write letters of recommendation. What can I do to increase my chances of fulfilling my career goals?

Thank your for your assistance!

exNavyOffRec

I am 28 years old next month and graduate college in the Fall. I will probably have around a 3.0 GPA which I know isn’t great but, there’s not much I can do to raise it at this point.
I am prior service Army National Guard (15Y) and have been a Private Investigator for going on 5 years (Criminal investigations, Domestic, Workers Comp, Insurance Fraud, Corporate Theft, etc). I want to be an Intelligence Officer so bad. It’s all I can think about. What are my chances and how soon should I get the ball rolling if I have any chance at all? My first choice would be going into the Navy.
I have high ranking retired officers that would gladly write letters of recommendation. What can I do to increase my chances of fulfilling my career goals?

you can apply, you would probably have a much better shot at SWO, Intel tends to have a high average GPA. Do you know what Intel officers do in the USN, it isn't the same as those in the Army, that confusion has led to many people looking at other designators.

Get a high OAR score to lift your GPA.