• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chain of Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhafeman

Is the chain of command listed on the official OCS website correct? That's what I have been memorizing but then I found another website that was a little different (said 9 and 10 were Chiefs not Commanders)

bart27

Good question...I would also like to know. Also, the DEP Handbook/Manual seems to have a more detailed response for each person in the chain of command compared to the OCS website. For instance the DEP Manual reads: "Sir/Ma'am, the 3rd person in this Officer Candidate's chain of command is the: Class Officer, Lieutenant (blank), United States Navy." vs the website which reads: "Sir/Ma'am, the 3rd...command is the: Class Officer: (blank)." Which format does OCS use? Is one required to finish each response w/ "USN or The Honorable"? Any info would be appreciated.

FlyFast

Another question is this: On the chain of command i downloaded it says do not memorize the sentence form, that we will be given a way to memorize it without the sentence form? Those of you that have been, do i need to know the sentence form?

jeric_k

For the chain of command, you must always end with their branch, whether United States Navy or United States Marine Corps. And for the President, etc. you must say "The Honorable X."

An example of the correct response:

"Sir/Ma'am, the third person in this officer candidate's chain of command is the class officer Lieutenant X, United States Navy."

Status
Not open for further replies.