• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Physicx

Banned
I have not heard much about the CG lately.How hard is it to get into OCS and from there a pilot slot.Also what is life after you get your wings.And can you go back to be an instructor?

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Physicx said:
I have not heard much about the CG lately.How hard is it to get into OCS and from there a pilot slot.Also what is life after you get your wings.And can you go back to be an instructor?

Eh, since I've been training with the Navy for the last 18 months, I'm not up to speed with things happening in the Coast Guard.

Applying for OCS, if I recall, can be pretty competitive. And historically, most people who apply for flight school in OCS get it, or shortly there after (ie after graduation at their first unit). That said, that was when we were short on pilots.. pretty sure we're up to billet levels now.. but that doesn't mean that people aren't retiring, getting out, etc.

And, yup.. there are Coastie instructors at the Whiting Primary and Advance squadrons as well as VT-31 in Corpus.

And, of course, all of this is unofficial :)

Brad

LT Youngkin
AIRSTA Clearwater Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.