• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG OCS Age req

Piperpilot

I know this is a Naval forum, but I'd like to fly for the US Coast Guard. The only problem that I noticed was, that their OCS school reqs for college grads says you have to be between 21-26. Or up till 60 months allowed per month served in active duty. Well, I didn't serve active duty, and I'm 27 now. Does this mean I can't enter CG OCS, which is a req for the blue21 flight initiative? Anyone have any knowledge on this whatsoever? I noticed that AFR and ANG you can be up to 30 to go to OTS after college for flying. The Navy I'm not so sure about, but I don't think it's the kind of flying I'm looking for. Thanks!

PP

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know this is a Naval forum, but I'd like to fly for the US Coast Guard. The only problem that I noticed was, that their OCS school reqs for college grads says you have to be between 21-26. Or up till 60 months allowed per month served in active duty. Well, I didn't serve active duty, and I'm 27 now. Does this mean I can't enter CG OCS, which is a req for the blue21 flight initiative? Anyone have any knowledge on this whatsoever? I noticed that AFR and ANG you can be up to 30 to go to OTS after college for flying. The Navy I'm not so sure about, but I don't think it's the kind of flying I'm looking for. Thanks!

PP

Run this by the Coastie forum. There are a couple coasties on board that might be able to help.