• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG Helo Pilot in SD?

LivingSacrifice

Hey guys (and gals),

I was wondering if anyone had a contact they'd be willing to share with me down in San Diego. I'm getting my packet together and would love to talk to somebody who's flying for the CG. Any friends from flight school or elsewhere who you think would be willing to trade a free lunch for some info?

Thanks!

sardaddy

pilot
Sorry, all the pilots I knew in San Diego have PCS'd. I don't know anyone down there now.

sardaddy

pilot
Sorry. I made the poor assumption you were a Navy pilot in San Diego trying to get into the CG. We speak in acronyms all the time and I apologize for using it to write to some one who has no reason yet to know.

LivingSacrifice

I'm applying for Blue 21 (and OCS if it's not assumed in applying for Blue 21). And I'm not worried about location. I assume ending up back in San Diego is a pretty long shot. At this point I don't even think the dates are out yet for the boards I'll be applying to. I just wanted to sit down with someone locally to get their take on the process and the job, and maybe, if I'm lucky, get a walk-through of the SD Air Station.

Brunes

pilot
I'm applying for Blue 21 (and OCS if it's not assumed in applying for Blue 21). And I'm not worried about location. I assume ending up back in San Diego is a pretty long shot. At this point I don't even think the dates are out yet for the boards I'll be applying to. I just wanted to sit down with someone locally to get their take on the process and the job, and maybe, if I'm lucky, get a walk-through of the SD Air Station.

4 major steps between you and SD- Get into OCS, Get flight school, Get Helos, and finally Get San D.

If you find the number for the AirSta and call them- No names or whatever needed. You should be able to get in and talk to SOMEONE. Most AirSta's are small-So getting a walk around might not be too hard either.

Keep us posted!!

LivingSacrifice

:D Like I said, at this point, totally not concerned with getting assigned to San Diego. My only concern at this point is either getting picked up for Blue 21 (and the automatic spot at flight school that comes with it) or being selected for OCS. Everything else is secondary for now.

As far as talking to someone at SD -- I live in San Diego, so I figured it'd be an easy way to get a firsthand perspective on where I'm at and where I want to go. But I'll keep ya posted either way. :)