• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centrifuge Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

PilotCPB

I really hope that's the correct spelling.... Anyways, I'd lik to pick the brain of anyone out there who has actually been through this training. I've read that one must be able to withstand 9G for 45 sec. to pass the course, and also pass a different test, or "profile" in order to be assigned to certain airframes. The info I read applied to USAF pilots, and was read here:

http://www.studentpilot.com/training_aids/logbooks/article.php?logbooks_id=117

Any info that applies to Naval Aviation would be appreciated!

Chris

"You can make excuses, or you can make things happen." -- Duane Werth, ALPA President

HornetDrvr

Navy centrifuge runs stictly on a profile basis. In other words you won't ever see something that a Navy jet can't give you. The most you will ever see is a 7.5g with your head turned over your should for something on the order of 30 secs (I can't remember exactly) for the Hornet. The Navy is starting to fly F-16Ns again in one of the aggressor squadrons out of Fallon. If you ended up going to fly one of those (after a fleet pointy nosed tour) then you go back to the centrifuge and run the Air Farce profile which goes to 9gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.